Referrals to Ashburn Clinic may be made for inpatient care, Alexander House or day patient treatment (although usually patients are initially admitted to the inpatient unit).
Access to Ashburn services differs depending on how the treatment is funded.
Referrals are made to the Ashburn Clinic Medical Director by letter, fax or email, or if more urgent please contact us by telephone: 03 476 2092. For more detailed information, download: Ashburn Clinic: A Referrer’s Guide
The main sources of funding are:
- Private paying
- Ministry of Health
- Accident Compensation Corporation.
Ashburn Clinic works particularly well with patients who have:
- Personality and relationship difficulties
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Severe and complex responses to trauma.
General criteria for referral:
- Age 17 or over
- Would benefit from treatment within a therapeutic community context.
The following charges apply for private-paying treatment at Ashburn Clinic:
- 24 hour inpatient care (Roy Muir): $3,300 per week on average (depending on varied costs for individual therapy and medication)
- 1-week Addiction Programme detoxification plus 2-week assessment: $10,000
- 8-week Specialist Addiction Programme treatment phase: $24,000
- Self-care (Alexander House): $2,200 per week (depending on varied costs for individual therapy and medication)
- Day patient services (live off-site but attend programme): $1,300 per week
- Outpatient services: $110-$330 per hour (psychiatric and psychotherapy services).